[ClusterLabs] Random failure with clone of IPaddr2

Israel Brewster israel at ravnalaska.net
Mon Dec 19 15:43:37 EST 2016

> On Dec 19, 2016, at 11:36 AM, alian at amisw.com wrote:
>
>> Maybe I'm missing something here, and if so, my apologies, but to me it
>> looks like you are trying to put the same IP address on three different
>> machines.... SIMULTANEOUSLY.
>
> Yes it what I do. But it's seem normal for me, I just follow guide like
> http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/_clone_the_ip_address.html <http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/_clone_the_ip_address.html>

Ah, I see. I was missing something. Specifically this:

"The IPaddr2 resource agent has built-in intelligence for when it is configured as a clone..."

I was unaware of that. So yes, it does seem that it should be working, given the way the resource agent works. Sorry about that. Disregard my earlier comments.