[ClusterLabs] Random failure with clone of IPaddr2

alian at amisw.com alian at amisw.com
Thu Dec 15 15:34:12 EST 2016

> On 12/15/2016 02:02 PM, alian at amisw.com wrote:

>> primitive ip_apache_localnet ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 params ip="10.0.0.99"
>> cidr_netmask="32" op monitor interval="30s"
>> clone cl_ip_apache_localnet ip_apache_localnet \
>>         meta globally-unique="true" clone-max="3" clone-node-max="1"
>

> ^^^ Here you have clone-node-max="1", which will prevent surviving nodes
> from picking up any failed node's share of requests. clone-max and
> clone-node-max should both stay at 3, regardless of whether you are
> intentionally taking down any node.

Thank you for the tip. It doesn't explain my problem, but it help me: I
can reach all the 3 node with my curl request, but sometime, one not
respond. And as he doesn't answer I don't know who don't answer :-) But
with the clone-node-max at 3, I can play to move my resource, and see that
problem happen when the resource is on one specific node. Not the one I
want remove.

So 2 nodes works well, and one node sometime don't answer.
I know that this node isn't on the same switch that the first two, there
is another switch between, (3 switch interconnected), can the multicast
arp lost in the way ?

If not, this is a firewall / systctl difference between hosts ...