[ClusterLabs] Antw: How to DRBD + Pacemaker + Samba in Active/Passive Cluster?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Dec 6 03:09:47 EST 2016

<7BDD2F4D-7C0A-49B1-B42E-9668BEFBB055 at outlook.de>:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> How to DRBD + Pacemaker + Samba  in Active/Passive Cluster?
>
> I have been searching now about many days how to integrate drbd + pacemaker

> and corosync in a two node active/passive cluster (with Service IP)  with
> SAMBA. And I still don’t unterstand how to to go further after mounting
the
> filesystem, I want to integrate Samba in the pacemaker process as a service.

> I saw that the main solution to this, is using CTDB, but this seems to be
> very complex for me. So, do anybody have experience in this combination of
> topics and can provide me with a Instruction or at least an advice.

Hi!

Active/passive suggests you want samba on one node (and thus DRBD in
master/slave configuration). CTDB is not complex, but CTDB is an active/active
configuration (AFAIK) and you'd need DRBD in dual-master configuration as well
as a cluster filesystem (for a lock file only, BTW).
CTDB replicates the configuration to the local nodes.

Ulrich