[ClusterLabs] pacemaker validate-with

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 10:34:55 EDT 2016

On 08/24/2016 04:17 PM, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now I've got my pacemaker 1.1.14 and corosync 2.4.1 working together
> running an empty configuration of just 2 nodes.
> So I run crm configure but I get this error:
>
> ERROR: CIB not supported: validator 'pacemaker-2.4', release '3.0.10'
> ERROR: You may try the upgrade command
> ERROR: configure: Missing requirements
>
> Looking around I found this :
>
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/269635/cib-not-supported-validator-pacemaker-2-0-release-3-0-9

this link is really about incompatibility of the cib with the currently
running pacemaker.
in this case I could imagine that it is some kind of rights problem
again so that
the cib is totally empty / non existant - even missing the header.
> but before going on this way, my questions are:
> - why does cib try validator of pacemaker-2.4 when latest pacemaker
> available is 1.1.15??
that is referring to the schema-version - have a look at the xml-subdir
of the sourcetree
> - what is "release 3.0.10'? of what??
> - may I daliver any preconfigure configuration file to have it work
> fine with pacemaker 1.1.14??
yes, it should be upgraded when needed (triggered by e.g. pcs when you
are configuring
something the current version doesn't support)