[ClusterLabs] Error When Creating LVM Resource

Jason A Ramsey jason at eramsey.org
Fri Aug 26 18:16:47 UTC 2016

That makes sense. I wasn’t yet configuring the constraints on the cluster and was alarmed by the error messages…especially the ones where it seemed like the services weren’t starting anywhere. Eventually, however, that somehow magically resolved itself, so I did went ahead with adding the resource constraints.

Here’s what I added:

# pcs constraint colocation add gctvanas-vip with gctvanas-fs2o INFINITY with-rsc-role=Master
# pcs constraint colocation add gctvanas-lvm with gctvanas-fs2o INFINITY with-rsc-role=Master
# pcs constraint colocation add gctvanas-tgt with gctvanas-fs2o INFINITY with-rsc-role=Master
# pcs constraint colocation add gctvanas-lun1 with gctvanas-fs2o INFINITY with-rsc-role=Master
# pcs constraint colocation add gctvanas-lun2 with gctvanas-fs2o INFINITY with-rsc-role=Master
# pcs constraint order promote gctvanas-fs2o then start gctvanas-lvm
# pcs constraint order gctvanas-vip then gctvanas-lvm
# pcs constraint order gctvanas-lvm then gctvanas-tgt
# pcs constraint order gctvanas-tgt then gctvanas-lun1
# pcs constraint order gctvanas-tgt then gctvanas-lun2
# pcs constraint
Location Constraints:
Ordering Constraints:
  promote gctvanas-fs2o then start gctvanas-lvm (kind:Mandatory)
  start gctvanas-vip then start gctvanas-lvm (kind:Mandatory)
  start gctvanas-lvm then start gctvanas-tgt (kind:Mandatory)
  start gctvanas-tgt then start gctvanas-lun1 (kind:Mandatory)
  start gctvanas-tgt then start gctvanas-lun2 (kind:Mandatory)
Colocation Constraints:
  gctvanas-vip with gctvanas-fs2o (score:INFINITY) (with-rsc-role:Master)
  gctvanas-lvm with gctvanas-fs2o (score:INFINITY) (with-rsc-role:Master)
  gctvanas-tgt with gctvanas-fs2o (score:INFINITY) (with-rsc-role:Master)
  gctvanas-lun1 with gctvanas-fs2o (score:INFINITY) (with-rsc-role:Master)
  gctvanas-lun2 with gctvanas-fs2o (score:INFINITY) (with-rsc-role:Master)

I think this looks about right… hopefully when I test everything doesn’t go t/u. Thanks for the input!

--

[ jR ]
  @: jason at eramsey.org<mailto:jason at eramsey.org>

  there is no path to greatness; greatness is the path