[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: kvm live migration, resource moving

Klechomir klecho at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:08:17 EDT 2016

Hi List,
I have two major problems related to the VirtualDomain live migration
and failover in general.
I'm using Pacemaker 1.1.8, which is very stable and used to do
everything right to me.

1. Live migration during failover (node standby or shutdown) is ok, but
during failback, the VMs (which prefer the returning node) are trying to
migrate too early and ignore the order/colocation constraints.

2. To be able to handle the internal VM shutdown, I have a libvirt hook,
which simply does:
[ "${2}" = release ] && crm resource stop ${1}
The problem is that this hook always stops all the migrating/moving VMs
in case of failover.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Klecho