[ClusterLabs] Fwd: FW: heartbeat can monitor virtual IP alive or not .

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Apr 21 06:04:37 UTC 2016

On 20/04/16 01:18 PM, fu ml wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am sorry disturbing you,
>
> I do not understand A point about Heartbeat ha.cf <http://ha.cf>
> configure, Could you explain in more detail to me please? Thank you very
> much.

The heartbeat project has been deprecated for a long time and there are
no plans to develop it further. You should use corosync and pacemaker.

https://alteeve.ca/w/History_of_HA_Clustering

> We have two node in our heartbeat cluster (2 virtual IP):
>
> Ha.cf:

Please post the actual text (and in general, text-emails are better for
mailing lists).

> Could you explain in *heartbeat can monitor virtual IP alive or not*
> please ? thank a lot.

Pacemaker can do this just fine. It's one of the initial examples in
"Clusters from Scratch";

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-single/Clusters_from_Scratch/index.html

--
Digimer