[ClusterLabs] Fwd: FW: heartbeat can monitor virtual IP alive or not .

fu ml fu3669 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:18:13 EDT 2016

Dear Sir,

I am sorry disturbing you,

I do not understand A point about Heartbeat ha.cf configure, Could you
explain in more detail to me please? Thank you very much.

We have two node in our heartbeat cluster (2 virtual IP):

Ha.cf:

The question is we want heartbeat monitor virtual IP,

If this virtual IP on Linux01 can’t ping or respond ,

We want Linux02 auto take over this service IP Regardless of Linux01’s
Admin IP is alive or not,

We try modify ha.cf as following (ex. Linux01):

1)    ucast eth0 10.88.222.53

2)    ucast eth0:0 10.88.222.53

3)    ucast eth0 10.88.222.51 & ucast eth0 10.88.222.53

4)    ucast eth0 10.88.222.51 & ucast eth0:0 10.88.222.53

We test the four type option but all failed,

Could you explain in *heartbeat can monitor virtual IP alive or not* please
? thank a lot.

Cheers,