[ClusterLabs] Parser error with fence_ipmilan

Marek marx Grác mgrac at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 07:30:53 EDT 2015

Hi,

On 18 Sep 2015 at 11:11:02, dan (dan.oscarsson at intraphone.com) wrote:

> > Can you comment on this Marek?
> This is surely a problem in fence agents. I believe that it was fixed
> in August in a
>
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/fence-agents/commit/155a51f01e6a806e17d70519f2d1507b09d9d137

I am not that good at python but does not that fix say that if I use
port_as_ip, ipaddr and port are not required?
Almost, required=0 means that the attribute may not be required. More complex checking is done in fence agent during run-time. In that case:

previously)

* ip address was required

now)

any of these condition is enough

* ip adress

* port and port_as_ip

I tested to add that code into the installed code
(/usr/share/fence/fencing.py) and changed by configuration to the old
one. It still fails in the same way.
I there a way I can get the system to output what arguments are used
when calling fence_ipmilan?
pacemaker uses interface over standard input. So attributes are those that you se in configuration (with some exceptions like pcmk_* that are used by pacemaker itself).

With upstream:

fence_ipmilan —lanplus -a IP -> works

fence_ipmilan -n IP —port-as-ip -> works

m,

Now my config that fails is:
Resource: ipmi-fencing-host1 (class=stonith type=fence_ipmilan)
Attributes: pcmk_host_list=host1 lanplus=1 ipaddr=192.168.1.10 login=xxxxx passwd=xxxx power_wait=4
Operations: monitor interval=60s (ipmi-fencing-host1-monitor-interval-60s)

What works is:
the same as above but with added: port_as_ip=1 port=192.168.1.10

Dan

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org