[ClusterLabs] rhel7 cluster split brain issue

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Sep 14 11:30:03 EDT 2015

On 14/09/15 03:27 AM, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Am Montag, 14. September 2015, 09:25:23 schrieb Vagi Attila:
>> Hi List,
>>
>> I have a 2 node pacemaker/corosync cluster with shared LVM storage, using
>> LVM tagging. LVM tagging is configured for exclusive access.
>>
>> In case of loss of interconnect both nodes become active. How can one
>> avoid this behavior?
>>
>> Thanks for your help in advance!
>>
>> Mit freundlichem Gruss/Best regards,
>>
>>   Attila
>
> Fencing!
>
> http://clusterlabs.org/doc/crm_fencing.html
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Michael Schwartzkopff

This is the correct answer.

All HA clusters, regardless of use-case, require fencing to operate
properly. How you fence depends on your environment/hardware, but IPMI
and switched PDU fencing are most common. If you want further advice,
please tell us about your environment/hardware.

--
Digimer
access to education?