[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker: Custom Health Checks possible?

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Wed Sep 23 12:20:14 UTC 2015

Am Mittwoch, 23. September 2015, 14:10:52 schrieb Sebish:
> Dear all on clusterlabs mailing list,
>
> there remains a question, even google could not deliver the answer for:
>
>   * *Does Pacemaker + Heartbeat 2 / Corosync  (/openAIS) provide the
>     possibility to use custom health checks?*

Yes.

>   * *Which part of the constellation must it be added to?*

Add your health check as a normal resource.

> Especially I need to be able to integrate a health check for a SIP Proxy
> (Kamailio) and perhaps openHAB.

Stop. That sounds like a monitoring task of a resource. You have to add this
checks to the monitoring part of the SIP Proxy and / or openHA.

> SIP: Trying to establish call, getting ACK (or correct answer) back ->
> Check okay || No or false answer -> Check failed.

Basically:
Health checks are for testing the health or a cluster node, i.e. CPU load,
free space on a partition or something like that.
If you want to check a resource (application) then you have to improve the
monitoring function of the according Resource Agent.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG