[ClusterLabs] VIP monitoring failing with Timed Out error

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 10:14:43 EDT 2015

On 29/10/15 14:10 +0100, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> On 29/10/15 15:27 +0530, Pritam Kharat wrote:
>> When I ran ocf-tester to test IPaddr2 agent
>>
>> ocf-tester -n sc_vip -o ip=192.168.20.188 -o cidr_netmask=24 -o nic=eth0
>> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/IPaddr2
>>
>> I got this error - ERROR: Setup problem: couldn't find command: ip
>> in test_command monitor.  I verified ip command is there but still
>> this error. What might be the reason for this error ? Is this okay ?
>>
>> + ip_validate
>> + check_binary ip
>> + have_binary ip
>> + '[' 1 = 1 ']'
>> + false
>
> It may be the case that you have the environment tainted with
> a variable that should only be set in a special testing mode
> injecting an error of the particular helper binary missing.
>
> Can you please try "unset OCF_TESTER_FAIL_HAVE_BINARY" to sanitize
> your environment first?  Indeed, if you don't have this variable set
> for sure in the context of IPAddr2 agent invocations, the problem
> is elsewhere.

Btw. it might be worth considering whether pacemaker should restrict
the environment variables for invocation of the resources, just as
systemd does [1], so as to prevent accidental changes in their
behavior like with OCF_TESTER_FAIL_HAVE_BINARY vs. IPaddr2.

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.exec.html#Environment%20variables%20in%20spawned%20processes

--
Jan (Poki)