[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: difference between OCF return codes for monitor action

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Oct 22 03:21:30 EDT 2015

Hi!

I think the RAs' exit codes should be defined on the resource (agent)'s state
only, not on the reaction pacemaker will perform. Otherwise the idea of
universal resource agents will never work.

Regards,
Ulrich

>>> "Vallevand, Mark K" <Mark.Vallevand at UNISYS.com> schrieb am 21.10.2015 um
16:36
in Nachricht
<6555c5b6072f4eb097ef25488b3a574d at US-EXCH13-5.na.uis.unisys.com>:
> In my resource agent, I use OCF_NOT_RUNNING to indicate that the managed
> resource is literally ‘not running’.  I use OCF_ERR_GENERIC to indicate
that
> the managed resource is running, but has entered an error state.  It is
> potentially recoverable if it is restarted.  I use OCF_ERR_PERM to indicate

> the managed resource has entered an error state which would not be
> recoverable if it is restarted.  The resource usually restarts on another
> node.
>
> Regards.
> Mark K Vallevand
Mark.Vallevand at Unisys.com<mailto:Mark.Vallevand at Unisys.com>

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-ocf