[ClusterLabs] difference between OCF return codes for monitor action

Vallevand, Mark K Mark.Vallevand at UNISYS.com
Wed Oct 21 10:36:16 EDT 2015

In my resource agent, I use OCF_NOT_RUNNING to indicate that the managed resource is literally ‘not running’.  I use OCF_ERR_GENERIC to indicate that the managed resource is running, but has entered an error state.  It is potentially recoverable if it is restarted.  I use OCF_ERR_PERM to indicate the managed resource has entered an error state which would not be recoverable if it is restarted.  The resource usually restarts on another node.

Regards.
Mark K Vallevand   Mark.Vallevand at Unisys.com<mailto:Mark.Vallevand at Unisys.com>
Never try and teach a pig to sing: it's a waste of time, and it annoys the pig.
From: Kostiantyn Ponomarenko [mailto:konstantin.ponomarenko at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 07:44 AM
To: Cluster Labs - All topics related to open-source clustering welcomed
Subject: [ClusterLabs] difference between OCF return codes for monitor action

Hi,

What is the difference between "OCF_ERR_GENERIC" and "OCF_NOT_RUNNING" return codes in "monitor" action from the Pacemaker's point of view?

I was looking here http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-ocf-return-codes.html , but I still don't see the difference clearly.

Thank you,
Kostya