[ClusterLabs] Correct timeouts settings for UDPu

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 11:20:03 EDT 2015

Dmitry,

Dmitry Koterov napsal(a):
> Hello.
>
> I'm using corosync + pacemaker in UDPu mode in a geo-distributed cluster
> (with large latency and some non-zero packet loss).
>
> What are robust settings for timeouts in such situations? E.g. I suspect
> that totem.token ought to be increased from 1000 to 5000 ms. Is it a good
> value? Are there other timeouts/thresholds which are good to be increased

There is nothing like "good" value. You have to really carefully test
it. It's really about how fast detection time you need. Is 5 sec ok for
you, and 5 sec token timeout is stable, then go for 5 sec.

Most of other timeouts are computed from token timeout so no special
tuning is usually needed.

Regards,
  Honza