[ClusterLabs] 4 node, 2 cluster setup with separated applications

Wynand Jansen van Vuuren esawyja at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 05:31:59 EDT 2015

Hi all,
I have a different question please, let say I have the following
4 - nodes, 2 clusters, 2 nodes per cluster, so I have in the west of the
country Cluster 1 with cl1_lb1 and cl1_lb2 as the nodes, in the east of the
country I have Cluster 2 with cl2_lb1 and cl2_lb2 as the nodes

I have 3 different applications, Postgres, App1 and App2, App1 uses a VIP
to write to Postgres, App2 uses Apache2

Can I do the following
cl1_lb1, runs Postgres streaming with App1 VIP in Master/Slave
configuration to cl2_lb1

cl1_lb1, cl1_lb2, cl2_lb1 and cl2_lb2 all runs App2 and the VIP round robin
for the Apache page

So my question is actually this, in this configuration, in the
corosync.conf file, what would the expected_votes setting be, 2 or 4? and
can you separate the resources per node? I thought the node_list,
rep_mode="sync" node_list="cl1_lb1 cl2_lb1" in the pgsql primitive would
isolate the pgsql to run on cl1_lb1 and cl2_lb1 only, but it does not seem
to be the case, as soon as I add the other nodes to the corosync
configuration, I get this below

cl1_lb1:/opt/temp # crm_mon -1 -Af
Last updated: Thu Mar 19 11:29:16 2015
Last change: Thu Mar 19 11:10:17 2015 by hacluster via crmd on cl1_lb1
Stack: classic openais (with plugin)
Current DC: cl1_lb1 - partition with quorum
Version: 1.1.9-2db99f1
4 Nodes configured, 4 expected votes
6 Resources configured.

Online: [ cl1_lb1 cl1_lb2 cl2_lb1 cl2_lb2 ]

Node Attributes:
* Node cl1_lb1:
    + master-pgsql                        : -INFINITY
    + pgsql-data-status                   : LATEST
    + pgsql-status                        : STOP
* Node cl1_lb2:
    + pgsql-status                        : UNKNOWN
* Node cl2_lb1:
    + master-pgsql                        : -INFINITY
    + pgsql-data-status                   : LATEST
    + pgsql-status                        : STOP
* Node cl2_lb2:
    + pgsql-status                        : UNKNOWN

Migration summary:
* Node cl2_lb1:
   pgsql:0: migration-threshold=1 fail-count=1000000 last-failure='Thu Mar
19 11:10:18 2015'
* Node cl1_lb1:
   pgsql:0: migration-threshold=1 fail-count=1000000 last-failure='Thu Mar
19 11:10:18 2015'
* Node cl2_lb2:
* Node cl1_lb2:

Failed actions:
    pgsql_start_0 (node=cl2_lb1, call=561, rc=1, status=complete): unknown
error
    pgsql_start_0 (node=cl1_lb1, call=292, rc=1, status=complete): unknown
error
    pgsql_start_0 (node=cl2_lb2, call=115, rc=5, status=complete): not
installed
    pgsql_start_0 (node=cl1_lb2, call=73, rc=5, status=complete): not
installed
cl1_lb1:/opt/temp #

Any suggestions on how I can achieve this please ?

Regards

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 7:32 AM, Wynand Jansen van Vuuren <esawyja at gmail.com