[ClusterLabs] crm_mon watch fencing option - no notification

Gao,Yan ygao at suse.com
Tue Mar 3 15:14:51 UTC 2015

Hi Diane,

On 03/03/2015 01:44 PM, Schaefer, Diane E wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    We are running on SLES 11 SP3 pacemaker 1.1.11-0.7.53 and are
> attempting to get notifications of fencing events for an audit trail we
> are constructing.  We are also hoping to get events for resource
> start/stops and failure. We have constructed a script that writes to a
> special log when triggered and started crm_mon with the following
>
>             crm_mon -d -W --external-agent=/root/bin/stamp.sh
>

> We clearly see the fencing message get written to the syslog, but we
> were hoping for a notification.
>

> Mar  2 21:24:13 usrv-fsm21 crmd[15624]:   notice: te_fence_node:
> Executing reboot fencing operation (88) on usrv-fsm11 (timeout=150000)

When a fencing action returns, the external agent will be invoked with
some environment variables set like:

CRM_notify_desc='Operation st_notify_fence requested by ... for peer
...: OK ...'
CRM_notify_node=...
CRM_notify_rc=0
CRM_notify_status=0
CRM_notify_target_rc=0
CRM_notify_task=st_notify_fence

Regards,
  Yan

> How is the –W supposed to function?  Any advice on capturing fencing events?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Diane Schaefer

Gao,Yan <ygao at suse.com>
Senior Software Engineer