[ClusterLabs] crm_mon watch fencing option - no notification

Schaefer, Diane E diane.schaefer at unisys.com
Tue Mar 3 07:44:55 EST 2015

Hello,
   We are running on SLES 11 SP3 pacemaker 1.1.11-0.7.53 and are attempting to get notifications of fencing events for an audit trail we are constructing.  We are also hoping to get events for resource start/stops and failure. We have constructed a script that writes to a special log when triggered and started crm_mon with the following
            crm_mon -d -W --external-agent=/root/bin/stamp.sh

We clearly see the fencing message get written to the syslog, but we were hoping for a notification.

Mar  2 21:24:13 usrv-fsm21 crmd[15624]:   notice: te_fence_node: Executing reboot fencing operation (88) on usrv-fsm11 (timeout=150000)

How is the -W supposed to function?  Any advice on capturing fencing events?

Thanks,
Diane Schaefer