[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: SLES11SP4 (crmsh-2.1.2+git49.g2e3fa0e-1.32): problems parsing nodes

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Dec 14 07:22:49 UTC 2015

Nachricht <87io443ydc.fsf at krigpad.kri.gs>:
> Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> writes:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> "crm configure edit" displays the nodes section in XML like this:
>>
>> xml <node id="h04" uname="h04"> \
>>   <utilization id="h04-utilization"> \
>>     <nvpair id="h04-utilization-utl_ram" name="utl_ram" value="1200"/> \
>>     <nvpair id="h04-utilization-utl_cpu" name="utl_cpu" value="200"/> \
>>   </utilization> \
>>   <instance_attributes id="nodes-h04"> \
>>     <nvpair id="nodes-h04-standby" name="standby" value="off"/> \
>>   </instance_attributes> \
>> </node>
>>
>> In SLES11 SP3 this was not the case...
>>
>> The rest of the config is not displayed in XML, just the nodes.
>
> Hi,
>
> This may be caused by an unrelated problem with the configuration. crmsh
> tries to verify that the CLI syntax truly matches the XML syntax, and
> will revert to displaying the XML if it thinks the representation
> doesn't match. It can get confused in some cases.
>
> You might get more information using
>
> crm -dR configure show h04

Thanks for the hint! Tying it I get some message like these:
DEBUG: node!=node: number of children differ

In Detail it seems the new software wants to see <instance_attributes> inside
<node>, and does not want to see:
      <nvpair id="h04-utilization-attributes" name="attributes"></nvpair>
      <nvpair id="h04-utilization-standby" name="standby"
value="off"></nvpair>

So is it too much to expect for an upgrade to fix the XML syntax it it
changed?
(The output of "cibadmin -Q" does not indicate the XML schema being used)

> In general, for problems upgrading from SLES11SP3 to SLES11SP4 I would
> recommend filing issues with SUSE, not upstream.

It's not "filing an issue"; it's "make people aware" before they run into the
same problems that I did.

Regards,
Ulrich