[ClusterLabs] OCF Resource Agent for Galera

Damien Ciabrini dciabrin at redhat.com
Tue Dec 1 10:35:02 UTC 2015

Sorry for the spam :)

----- Original Message -----

> > On 29/11/15 21:32 +0530, Mayank Katyal wrote:
> > > I am facing error with the following OCF resource agent for Galera using
> > > it
> > > with Pacemaker and Heartbeat for setting up High Availability with
> > > MariaDB
> > > database server with multi Master on Debian Wheezy:
> > >
> > > Galera Resource Agent
> > > <https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/galera>
> > >
> > > The error I am getting in Heartbeat Logs is:
> > >
> > > Waiting on node <nameofnode> to report database status before Master
> > > instances can start.
> > >

> > > Can anybody help? Thanks a lot.

Mayank, the message you're seeing is logged at the very beginning of the
bootstrap of the cluster.

The resource agent has to determine what is the last transaction on all
the galera nodes before it can elect a bootstrap node (the one with the
most recent version of the database).

This is a fairly normal message that is logged until all nodes have
been probed by the resource agent.

If you keep seeing this message, that probably means one of the node
cannot be probed by the resource agent. If so, crm_mon -A -1 may tell
you which one.

--
Damien