[ClusterLabs] Cluster.conf

Streeter, Michelle N michelle.n.streeter at boeing.com
Tue Aug 25 09:14:57 EDT 2015

I am using pcs but it does nothing with the cluster.conf file.   Also, I am currently required to use rhel6.6.

I have not been able to find any documentation on what is required in the cluster.conf file under the newer versions of pacemaker and I have not been able to reduce my current version down enough to satisfy pacemaker and so would you please provide an example of what is required in the cluster.conf file?

"I don't think CMAN component can operate without that file (location
possibly overridden with $COROSYNC_CLUSTER_CONFIG_FILE environment
variable).  What distro, or at least commands to bring the cluster up
do you use?"

We are only allowed to download from Red hat and I have both corosync and pacemaker services set to on so they start at boot up.   It does not matter if I stop all three services cman, corosync, and pacemaker and then start corosync first and then pacemaker, if I have a cluster.conf file in place, it fails to start.

This is my current cluster.conf file which just failed.
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster name="CNAS">
        <clusternodes>
                <clusternode name="nas01">
                </clusternode>
                <clusternode name="nas02">
                </clusternode>
        </clusternodes>
</cluster>

Michelle Streeter
ASC2 MCS - SDE/ACL/SDL/EDL OKC Software Engineer
The Boeing Company