[ClusterLabs] Cluster.conf

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Mon Aug 24 14:43:03 EDT 2015

On 24/08/15 17:52 +0000, Streeter, Michelle N wrote:
> If I have a cluster.conf file in /etc/cluster, my cluster will not
> start.   Pacemaker 1.1.11, Corosync 1.4.7, cman 3.0.12,  But if I do
> not have a cluster.conf file then my cluster does start with my
> current configuration.

I don't think CMAN component can operate without that file (location
possibly overridden with $COROSYNC_CLUSTER_CONFIG_FILE environment
variable).  What distro, or at least commands to bring the cluster up
do you use?

> However, when I try to stop the cluster, it wont stop unless I have
> my cluster.conf file in place.   How can I dump my cib to my
> cluster.conf file

Note that cluster.conf and CIB serves different purposes, at least
in Pacemaker+CMAN setup (akin to RHEL 6.x for x being 5+) so you don't
want to interchange them.

--
Jan (Poki)