[ClusterLabs] SLES 11 SP4 & csync2

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 01:38:34 EDT 2015

22.08.2015 08:12, Jorge Fábregas пишет:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying out SLES 11 SP4 with the "High-Availability Extension" on two
> virtual machines.  I want to keep things simple & I have a question
> regarding the csync2 tool from SUSE.  Considering that:
>
> - I'll have just two nodes
> - I'll be using corosync without encryption (no authkey file)
> - I won't be using DRBD
>
> Do I really need the csync2 service? In order to bootstrap the cluster
> I'll configure corosync.conf on the first node & then I'll manually
> transfer it to the 2nd node (and modify accordingly).  That's the only
> thing I can think of that I need to take care of (file-wise).  After
> that I'll use the crm shell & the Hawk web console.

Wrong question :) Of course you can do everything manually. The real
question should be - will SUSE support installation done manually. If
you do not care about support - sure, you do not need it.

> I guess my question is: does the crm shell or Hawk need the csync2 tool
> to function properly? Is there anything an admin could do through them
> that might require a file to be synced afterwards?

No, they manipulate CIB so this should be OK. But in real life there are
always more files that should be kept in sync between cluster nodes,
having tool to automate it is good.