[ClusterLabs] SLES 11 SP4 & csync2

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 01:12:04 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm trying out SLES 11 SP4 with the "High-Availability Extension" on two
virtual machines.  I want to keep things simple & I have a question
regarding the csync2 tool from SUSE.  Considering that:

- I'll have just two nodes
- I'll be using corosync without encryption (no authkey file)
- I won't be using DRBD

Do I really need the csync2 service? In order to bootstrap the cluster
I'll configure corosync.conf on the first node & then I'll manually
transfer it to the 2nd node (and modify accordingly).  That's the only
thing I can think of that I need to take care of (file-wise).  After
that I'll use the crm shell & the Hawk web console.

I guess my question is: does the crm shell or Hawk need the csync2 tool
to function properly? Is there anything an admin could do through them
that might require a file to be synced afterwards?

Thanks!

--
Jorge