[ClusterLabs] Antw: grub2 & systemd (was: wait_for_all in SLES 11)

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Aug 28 12:30:33 UTC 2015

<55E052B8.4040502 at suse.com>:
> On 08/28/2015 01:50 PM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
>>> If you're new to HA why not start with SLES 12 and SLE HA 12?
>> Somewhat off-topic: Grub2 and systemd both prevented me from trying
> SLES12...
>>

> Why?

Grub2 ist highy complex, terribly slow to configure, it almost has no
documentation, it's a nightmare to customize, and occasionally it doesn't work
without giving good diagnostics (all based on openSUSE 13 experience)

Systemd is also hightly complex (call it "big'n'fat", despite of extra
dependencies), it's incompatible with init scripts and most importantly, it did
not speed up any system on boot (only shutdown was somewhat faster, leaving the
impression that it did not perform all required steps).

> If something doesn't work then I'd welcome SR opened. Else the new is
> the enemy of the old....

...said the sales manager? ;-)