[ClusterLabs] CRM managing ADSL connection; failure not handled

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 11:26:10 UTC 2015

24.08.2015 13:32, Tom Yates пишет:
> On Mon, 24 Aug 2015, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>
>> 24.08.2015 12:35, Tom Yates пишет:
>>> I've got a failover firewall pair where the external interface is ADSL;
>>> that is, PPPoE.  i've defined the service thus:
>>
>> If stop operation failed resource state is undefined; pacemaker won't
>> do anything with this resource. Either make sure script returns
>> success when appropriate or the only option is to make it fence node
>> where resource was active.
>
> andrei, thank you for your prompt and helpful response.
>
> if i understand you aright, my problem is that the stop script didn't
> return a 0 (OK) exit status, so CRM didn't know where to go.  is the
> exit status of the stop script how CRM determines the status of the stop
> operation?

correct

>  and if that gives exit code 0, it will then try to do a
> "/etc/init.d/script start"?

If resource was previously active and stop was attempted as cleanup
after resource failure - yes, it should attempt to start it again.

> does CRM also use the output of "/etc/init.d/script status" to determine
> continuing successful operation?

It definitely does not use *output* of script - only return code. If the
question is whether it probes resource additionally to checking stop
exit code - I do not think so (I know it does it in some cases for
systemd resources).