[ClusterLabs] CRM managing ADSL connection; failure not handled

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Mon Aug 24 10:32:03 UTC 2015

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

> 24.08.2015 12:35, Tom Yates пишет:
>> I've got a failover firewall pair where the external interface is ADSL;
>> that is, PPPoE.  i've defined the service thus:
>
> If stop operation failed resource state is undefined; pacemaker won't do
> anything with this resource. Either make sure script returns success when
> appropriate or the only option is to make it fence node where resource was
> active.

andrei, thank you for your prompt and helpful response.

if i understand you aright, my problem is that the stop script didn't
return a 0 (OK) exit status, so CRM didn't know where to go.  is the exit
status of the stop script how CRM determines the status of the stop
operation?  and if that gives exit code 0, it will then try to do a
"/etc/init.d/script start"?

does CRM also use the output of "/etc/init.d/script status" to determine
continuing successful operation?

--

       Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net