[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Delayed first monitoring

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Aug 13 08:38:41 UTC 2015

>>> Miloš Kozák <milos.kozak at lejmr.com> schrieb am 13.08.2015 um 09:56 in
Nachricht
<55CC4DAA.4020206 at lejmr.com>:

> Dne 13.8.2015 v 09:26 Andrei Borzenkov napsal(a):
>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Miloš Kozák <milos.kozak at lejmr.com>
wrote:
>>> However,
>>>   this does not make sense at all. Presumably, the pacemaker should get
> along
>>> with lsb scripts which comes from system repository, right?
>>>
>> Let's forget about pacemaker for a moment. You have system startup
>> where service B needs service A. initscript for service A completes
>> and script for service B is started but service A is not yet ready to
>> be used.
>>
>> This is a bug in startup script. Irrespectively of whether you use it
>> with pacemaker or not.
>
> I am sorry, but I didnt get the point..
>
> If service A is not ready then service B should not be started.

As you seem to be ignorant for advice:
Yes, you are right: Service B should check whether service A is up before
starzing itself.
The easy change for the start script of B is to find aout what command was run
before it to check whether the command before did everything OK by checking
again itself.

[...]