[ClusterLabs] Antw: Delayed first monitoring

Miloš Kozák milos.kozak at lejmr.com
Thu Aug 13 07:56:26 UTC 2015

Dne 13.8.2015 v 09:26 Andrei Borzenkov napsal(a):
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Miloš Kozák <milos.kozak at lejmr.com> wrote:
>> However,
>>   this does not make sense at all. Presumably, the pacemaker should get along
>> with lsb scripts which comes from system repository, right?
>>
> Let's forget about pacemaker for a moment. You have system startup
> where service B needs service A. initscript for service A completes
> and script for service B is started but service A is not yet ready to
> be used.
>
> This is a bug in startup script. Irrespectively of whether you use it
> with pacemaker or not.

I am sorry, but I didnt get the point..

If service A is not ready then service B should not be started.
Presumably, the start mechanism of service A should not hold CLI, but
something like pacemaker should check whether service A is ready and
then start service B in case order constraint is applied. Therefore, I
think I can not forget about pacemaker not even for a moment..

I agree that systemd changes this, but I run CentOS6 for the time being.