[ClusterLabs] Disabling resources and adding apache instances

Vijay Partha vijaysarathy94 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 07:10:08 UTC 2015

Cluster name: pacemaker1
Last updated: Wed Aug  5 09:07:27 2015
Last change: Wed Aug  5 08:58:24 2015
Stack: cman
Current DC: node1 - partition with quorum
Version: 1.1.11-97629de
2 Nodes configured
2 Resources configured

Online: [ node1 node2 ]

Full list of resources:

 ClusterIP    (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):    Started node2
 WebSite    (ocf::heartbeat:apache):    Started node1

Failed actions:
    WebSite_monitor_0 on node2 'unknown error' (1): call=96,
status=complete, last-rc-change='Wed Aug  5 08:53:24 2015', queued=1ms,
exec=51ms

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/pcs", line 138, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/sbin/pcs", line 127, in main
    status.status_cmd(argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pcs/status.py", line 13, in
status_cmd
    full_status()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pcs/status.py", line 60, in
full_status
    utils.serviceStatus("  ")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pcs/utils.py", line 1504, in
serviceStatus
    if is_systemctl():
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pcs/utils.py", line 1476, in
is_systemctl
    elif re.search(r'Foobar Linux release 6\.', issue):
NameError: global name 'issue' is not defined

This is the error that i got after location constraint and ClusterIP
started on node1 .

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Vijay Partha <vijaysarathy94 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have 2 doubts.
> >
> > 1.) If i disable a resource and reboot the node, will the pacemaker
> restart
> > the service?
>
> What exactly "disable" means? There is no such operation in pacemaker.
>
> >  Or how can i stop the service and after rebooting the service
> > should be started automatically by pacemaker
> >

> Unfortunately pacemaker does not really provide any way to temporary
> stop resource. You can set target role to Stopped which will trigger
> resource stop. Then resource won't be started after reboot, because
> you told it to remain Stopped. Same applies to is-managed=false.
>
> If I'm wrong and it is possible I would be very interested to learn it.
>
> > 2.) how to create apache instances in such a way that 1 instance runs in
> 1
> > node and another instance runs on the second node.
> >

> Just define two resources and set location constraints for each.

With Regards
P.Vijay