[ClusterLabs] Disabling resources and adding apache instances

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 07:07:13 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Vijay Partha <vijaysarathy94 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 doubts.
>
> 1.) If i disable a resource and reboot the node, will the pacemaker restart
> the service?

What exactly "disable" means? There is no such operation in pacemaker.

>  Or how can i stop the service and after rebooting the service
> should be started automatically by pacemaker

Unfortunately pacemaker does not really provide any way to temporary
stop resource. You can set target role to Stopped which will trigger
resource stop. Then resource won't be started after reboot, because
you told it to remain Stopped. Same applies to is-managed=false.

If I'm wrong and it is possible I would be very interested to learn it.

> 2.) how to create apache instances in such a way that 1 instance runs in 1
> node and another instance runs on the second node.

Just define two resources and set location constraints for each.