[Pacemaker] Pacemaker on system with disk failure

Carsten Otto carsten.otto at andrena.de
Thu Sep 25 08:28:08 EDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 10:14:33AM -0400, Digimer wrote:
> You don't have real fencing configured, by the looks of it. Without
> real, working fencing, recovery can be unpredictable. Can you set
> that up and see if the problem goes away?

I now have real fencing which also is fully automatic, non-manual. The
problem still exists just as described in previous mails.

The only error seen by the surviving node is that the stonith resource
of the diskless node failed. However, this does not cause a switchover.

As said earlier, the services are not monitored anymore, and they do not
work. Yet, the resources stay on the diskless node, as if nothing
happened.

As far as I understand the situation, this is a grave error. A mere disk
failure causes the whole setup to be in a failed state. There is no
working monitoring, no switchover happens, ... From a client's
perspective there's no difference to a non-redundant setup.

If you find the time, please try it out yourself. Just pull the
cable from the/all disks which provide the root filesystem.

Best regards,
Carsten
--
andrena objects ag
Büro Frankfurt

Tel: +49 (0) 69 977 860 38
Fax: +49 (0) 69 977 860 39
http://www.andrena.de

Vorstand: Hagen Buchwald, Matthias Grund, Dr. Dieter Kuhn
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Rolf Hetzelberger

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 109694
USt-IdNr. DE174314824

Bitte beachten Sie auch unsere anstehenden Veranstaltungen:
http://www.andrena.de/events