[Pacemaker] Notification when a node is down

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Mon Sep 15 14:30:07 EDT 2014

Am Montag, 15. September 2014, 10:59:39 schrieb Ken Gaillot:
> On 09/12/2014 02:30 AM, Sihan Goi wrote:
> > Is there any way for a Pacemaker/Corosync/PCS setup to send a
> > notification when it detects that a node in a cluster is down? I read
> > that Pacemaker and Corosync logs events to syslog, but where is the
> > syslog file in CentOS? Do they log events such as a failover occurrence?

This is the job of a monitoring system. The monitoring system checks the state
of the cluster form time to time and sends out notifications if anything is
not as expected.

You cannoy rely only on a cluster-centric solution. If all nodes are down,
your users will notice. If you have a good monitoring system, it will
recognize first and alert you. So you need external monitoring.

I prefer SNMP since it is the only IETF standard in management protocols.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG