[Pacemaker] Problem with ClusterIP

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Wed Nov 26 07:07:46 EST 2014

Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 12:54:20 schrieb Anne Nicolas:
> Le 26/11/2014 12:23, Michael Schwartzkopff a écrit :
> > Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 12:01:36 schrieb Anne Nicolas:
> >> Hi !
> >>
> >> I've been using clusterip for a while now without any problem in
> >> Active/Passive clusters (2 nodes).
> >
> > Could you please explain, how could you use the ClusterIP in an
> > active/passive cluster? ClusterIP ist for the use in an active/active
> > cluster. See man iptables and look for the CLUSTERIP target.
> >

> > Please explain more detailed.
> > What is your config?
> > What do you expect the cluster to do?
> > What really happens?
> > Where is  the problem?
>
> Maybe my explanation was not that clear.

Yes.

> Here is my configuration
>
> crm configuration show
>
> node $id="17435146" pogcupsvr
> node $id="34212362" pogcupsvr2
> primitive apache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
>          params configfile="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf" \
>          op start interval="0" timeout="40s" \
>          op stop interval="0" timeout="60s"
> primitive clusterip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
>          params ip="172.16.16.11" cidr_netmask="24" nic="eth0" \
>          meta target-role="Started"
> property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
>
> dc-version="1.1.7-2.mga1-ee0730e13d124c3d58f00016c3376a1de5323cff" \
>          cluster-infrastructure="corosync" \
>          stonith-enabled="false" \
>          no-quorum-policy="ignore"
> rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \
>          resource-stickiness="100"
>
> So I've started primary node (pogcupsvr). Configuration was checked and
> ok. Then started the second node (pogcupsvr2). This time all the
> configuration looked ok, no error but when I checked the network
> configuration, eth0 was up on both nodes with same IP address of course,
> instead of having it up only on primary node.

If that is your config than the start of the IP address on BOTH nodes is really
bad. This should not happen and is definitely an error.

BUT: I doubt that this is you complete config, because this would not work
anyway. The cluster would start the IP address on one node and the Webserver
in the other node.

Please paste the complete config. Then the community would be able to help.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG