[Pacemaker] Problem with ClusterIP

Anne Nicolas ennael1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 06:54:20 EST 2014

Le 26/11/2014 12:23, Michael Schwartzkopff a écrit :
> Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 12:01:36 schrieb Anne Nicolas:
>> Hi !
>>
>> I've been using clusterip for a while now without any problem in
>> Active/Passive clusters (2 nodes).
>
> Could you please explain, how could you use the ClusterIP in an active/passive
> cluster? ClusterIP ist for the use in an active/active cluster. See
> man iptables and look for the CLUSTERIP target.

> Please explain more detailed.
> What is your config?
> What do you expect the cluster to do?
> What really happens?
> Where is  the problem?

Maybe my explanation was not that clear. Here is my configuration

crm configuration show

node $id="17435146" pogcupsvr
node $id="34212362" pogcupsvr2
primitive apache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
         params configfile="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf" \
         op start interval="0" timeout="40s" \
         op stop interval="0" timeout="60s"
primitive clusterip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
         params ip="172.16.16.11" cidr_netmask="24" nic="eth0" \
         meta target-role="Started"
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \

dc-version="1.1.7-2.mga1-ee0730e13d124c3d58f00016c3376a1de5323cff" \
         cluster-infrastructure="corosync" \
         stonith-enabled="false" \
         no-quorum-policy="ignore"
rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \
         resource-stickiness="100"

So I've started primary node (pogcupsvr). Configuration was checked and
ok. Then started the second node (pogcupsvr2). This time all the
configuration looked ok, no error but when I checked the network
configuration, eth0 was up on both nodes with same IP address of course,
instead of having it up only on primary node.

What I was expected (and in all other tests it was ok ) is that eth0 was
up only on primary node and used by apache server.

>> I'm looking for ideas to investigate the causes for such a problem. If
>> anybody can help me on this, I would be gratefull
>
> Yes, I think I can help ;-)

Thanks for that :)

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Michael Schwartzkopff