[Pacemaker] [Linux-HA] [ha-wg] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Tue Nov 25 05:16:19 EST 2014

Am Dienstag, 25. November 2014, 10:54:01 schrieb Lars Marowsky-Bree:
> On 2014-11-24T16:16:05, "Fabio M. Di Nitto" <fdinitto at redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Yeah, well, devconf.cz is not such an interesting event for those who do
> > > not wear the fedora ;-)
> >
> > That would be the perfect opportunity for you to convert users to Suse ;)

> > > That is, in my experience, the absolute worst. It creates second class
> > > participants and is a PITA for everyone.
> >
> > I agree, it is still a way for people to join in tho.
>
> I personally disagree. In my experience, one either does a face-to-face
> meeting, or a virtual one that puts everyone on the same footing.
> Mixing both works really badly unless the team already knows each
> other.
>
> > > I know that an in-person meeting is useful, but we have a large team in
> > > Beijing, the US, Tasmania (OK, one crazy guy), various countries in
> > > Europe etc.
> >
> > Yes same here. No difference.. we have one crazy guy in Australia..
>
> Yeah, but you're already bringing him for your personal conference.
> That's a bit different. ;-)
>
> OK, let's switch tracks a bit. What *topics* do we actually have? Can we
> fill two days? Where would we want to collect them?

- Roadmap: What to expect next.
- Unification: Locking and fencing the RH style (cman) and the rest of the
world.
- features in pacemaker
- Cluster File Systems: Which one is usable for what application.

All points from a users point of view. Not realated to any company.

I could present: "Monitoring of clusters".

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG