[Pacemaker] [Linux-HA] [ha-wg] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Tue Nov 25 04:54:01 EST 2014

On 2014-11-24T16:16:05, "Fabio M. Di Nitto" <fdinitto at redhat.com> wrote:

> > Yeah, well, devconf.cz is not such an interesting event for those who do
> > not wear the fedora ;-)
> That would be the perfect opportunity for you to convert users to Suse ;)

> >> I´d prefer, at least for this round, to keep dates/location and explore
> >> the option to allow people to join remotely. Afterall there are tons of
> >> tools between google hangouts and others that would allow that.
> > That is, in my experience, the absolute worst. It creates second class
> > participants and is a PITA for everyone.
> I agree, it is still a way for people to join in tho.

I personally disagree. In my experience, one either does a face-to-face
meeting, or a virtual one that puts everyone on the same footing.
Mixing both works really badly unless the team already knows each
other.

> > I know that an in-person meeting is useful, but we have a large team in
> > Beijing, the US, Tasmania (OK, one crazy guy), various countries in
> > Europe etc.
> Yes same here. No difference.. we have one crazy guy in Australia..

Yeah, but you're already bringing him for your personal conference.
That's a bit different. ;-)

OK, let's switch tracks a bit. What *topics* do we actually have? Can we
fill two days? Where would we want to collect them?

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)