[Pacemaker] exportfs resource agent modifications

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Mon Nov 17 11:53:09 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----
> Hi there,
>
> we are using exportfs for building datastores for VMWare.
>
> After migrating 1 NFS resource to another node (after sucessful fencing
> e.g.),
> VMWare doesn't see that datastore until I manually fire _exportfs -f_ on the
> new cluster node.
>
> I tried to modify the resource agent itself like:
>
> 247         restore_rmtab
> 248
> 249         ocf_log info "File system exported"
> 250
> 251         sleep 5 #added
> 252
> 253         ocf_run exportfs -f || exit $OCF_ERR_GENERIC #added
> 254
> 255         ocf_log info "kernel table flushed" #added
> 256
> 257         return $OCF_SUCCESS
>
> but this didn't do the trick.
>
> Does anyone has an idea how to resolve that issue?

HA NFS is tricky and requires a very specific resource startup/shutdown
order to work correctly.

Here's some information about use cases I test. At this point, the active/passive
use case is well understood. If you are able to, I would recommend modeling
deployments using the A/P use case guidelines.

HA NFS Active/Passive:
https://github.com/davidvossel/phd/blob/master/doc/presentations/nfs-ap-overview.pdf?raw=true
https://github.com/davidvossel/phd/blob/master/scenarios/nfs-active-passive.scenario

HA NFS Active/Active: