[Pacemaker] Fencing dependency between bare metal host and its VMs guest

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org
Mon Nov 10 03:50:49 EST 2014

Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

>> Now I have one issue, when the bare metal host on which the VM is
>> running die, the VM is lost and can not be fenced.
>>
>> Is there a way to make pacemaker ACK the fencing of the VM running on a
>> host when the host is fenced itself?
>>

> Yes, you can define multiple stonith agents and priority between them.
>
> http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/Fencing_topology

Hello,

If I understand correctly, fencing topology is the way to have several
fencing devices for a node and try them consecutively until one works.

In my configuration, I group the VM stonith agents with the
corresponding VM resource, to make them move together[1].

Here is my use case:

1. Resource ONE-Frontend-Group runs on nebula1
2. nebula1 is fenced
3. node one-fronted can not be fenced

Is there a way to say that the life on node one-frontend is related to
the state of resource ONE-Frontend?

In which case when the node nebula1 is fenced, pacemaker should be aware that
resource ONE-Frontend is not running any more, so node one-frontend is
OFFLINE and not UNCLEAN.

Regards.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2014-October/022671.html

--
Daniel Dehennin
Récupérer ma clef GPG: gpg --recv-keys 0xCC1E9E5B7A6FE2DF