[Pacemaker] having problem with crm cib shadow

George G. Gibat ggibat at gibat.com
Fri May 17 07:58:56 EDT 2013

thanks this worked great

On 2013-05-17 11:22, John McCabe wrote:
> Looks like its due to the directory where the cib files are stored changing between Pacemaker 1.1.7 and 1.1.8. (alluded to in
> this ticket - http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?37760). The cib new does create the shadow, but its looking in the
> wrong directory when it then tries to list/work with that shadow.
>
> Creating a symlink as follows lets the crm utility work with the shadow as expected for some quick tests (tried a new, edit,
> commit on an existing cluster).
>
> ln -s /var/lib/pacemaker/cib /var/lib/heartbeat/crm
>
> Will raise at http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=crmsh
>
> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:01 AM, John McCabe <john at johnmccabe.net <mailto:john at johnmccabe.net>> wrote:
>

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.com <mailto:lmb at suse.com>> wrote:
>
> On 2013-05-16T21:09:35, John McCabe <john at johnmccabe.net <mailto:john at johnmccabe.net>> wrote:
>
>> Worth trying crm_shadow as described here - http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/pacemaker/84969
>>
>> I had the same problem and took it as a sign that I should just move to pcs (from the RHEL repo, not the latest source),
>> which went pretty smoothly, only had a few problems with assigning parameters to resources.. but that could easily be worked
>> around using crm_resource.
>
> So a single bug in the crm shell is a reason to move, while working around "a few problems" isn't? I'm getting too old for this
> world ;-)
>

> Have been trying to stick with RH/CentOS supplied packages and since the issues I'd hit were all fixed upstream I was happy
> enough to proceed with pcs. (Meta Attr and Operation handling in the pcs resource create command weren't working properly in
> the 0.9.25-10.el6_4.1 package but are fixed in 0.9.41 on github. To stick with the current 0.9.25 I just created the resource
> without meta/ops using pcs and then added the meta/ops using crm_resource).
>

> Have you reported the crm shell issue via bugzilla?
>

> It hadn't even crossed my mind at the time, my bad. I'll check out the latest source, compare the behaviour then raise a
> ticket.
>

> Probably a permission problem on centos.
>

> Regards, Lars
>
> -- Architect Storage/HA SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
> "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." -- Oscar Wilde

> Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf Bugs:
> http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

> Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf Bugs:
> http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

- --

George Gibat, Technical Director, CCNP, MSCE, CISSP, CNE
TTFN
PGP public key - http://www.gibat.com/ggibat-pub.asc

Gibat Enterprises, Inc
Connecting you to the world (R)
Your Portal to the Future (R)

http://www.gibat.com
http://www.spi.net
817.265.9962
9260 Walker Rd.
Ovid, MI 48866

The information contained in and transmitted with this email is or may be
confidential and/or privileged. It is intended only for the individual or
entity designated. You are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, use of or reliance upon the information contained in
and transmitted with this email by or to anyone other than the intended
recipient designated by the sender is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender at
(817)265-9962. Any email erroneously transmitted to you should be
immediately deleted.