[Pacemaker] having problem with crm cib shadow

John McCabe john at johnmccabe.net
Fri May 17 06:01:19 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.com> wrote:

> On 2013-05-16T21:09:35, John McCabe <john at johnmccabe.net> wrote:
>
> > Worth trying crm_shadow as described here -
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/pacemaker/84969
> >
> > I had the same problem and took it as a sign that I should just move to
> pcs
> > (from the RHEL repo, not the latest source), which went pretty smoothly,
> > only had a few problems with assigning parameters to resources.. but that
> > could easily be worked around using crm_resource.
>
> So a single bug in the crm shell is a reason to move, while working
> around "a few problems" isn't? I'm getting too old for this world ;-)

Have been trying to stick with RH/CentOS supplied packages and since the
issues I'd hit were all fixed upstream I was happy enough to proceed with
pcs. (Meta Attr and Operation handling in the pcs resource create command
weren't working properly in the 0.9.25-10.el6_4.1 package but are fixed in
0.9.41 on github. To stick with the current 0.9.25 I just created the
resource without meta/ops using pcs and then added the meta/ops using
crm_resource).

> Have you reported the crm shell issue via bugzilla?

It hadn't even crossed my mind at the time, my bad. I'll check out the
latest source, compare the behaviour then raise a ticket.