[Pacemaker] Pcmk migration logic and Libvirt migration behavior

Andreas Hofmeister andi at collax.com
Thu May 2 10:32:36 EDT 2013

On 05/01/2013 10:49 PM, David Vossel wrote:

> Have you tested this with 1.1? There have been changes to how migration works, some of which have to do with properly handling partial migrations.  I'd test this in 1.1.10.rc1 or anything >= 1.1.8

No, we did not try with 1.1 yet.

The patches you mentioned seem to fix the problem where Pcmk did not
call "migrate_from" after a "migrate_to" ? I my case, this is not(much)
of a problem since here, "migrate_from" is basically a no-op anyways.

The problem I described essentially boils down to the fact that Pcmk
assumes a resource to be stopped after a successful "migrate_to". But
the basic assumptions on how a migration work did not seem to have
changed that much in 1.1 (?)

Ciao
   Andi