[Pacemaker] future of DLM

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 10:21:00 EST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 01:42:38PM +0100, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the german IT newspaper "Linux-Magazin" 2/13 was an article, which
> says that the future of DLM (Distributed Lock Manager) is unclear.
> I'd like to create a HA cluster with two nodes, accessing concurrently
> one FC SAN with OCFS2. I need DLM.
> I wonder that the future is unclear because, afaik, DLM is integrated in
> the kernel. If it is not properly maintained, of course i would not like
> to use it.
>
> Does anyone of you know more details ?

There are two dlm's in the linux kernel

1. linux/fs/dlm, used by gfs2 (and infrequently by ocfs2)
2. linux/fs/ocfs2/dlm, used by ocfs2

I don't know which the article refers to or what's meant by "unclear".
I maintain 1 and would not call it unclear.  You should use 2 with ocfs2;
you could ask about it on the ocfs2 list.

Dave