[Pacemaker] Configure simple Network Load-balancing

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at clusterbau.com
Fri Nov 30 10:05:13 EST 2012

Am Freitag, 30. November 2012, 15:54:29 schrieb Ratko Dodevski:

Can someone tell me how CLUSTERIP works? Because from what I can see, a get
all the connections to one server and after some time all the connections go
to other server etc... Is it something wrong with my configuration or that's
the way it's working?

Thanks and regards

Hi,

in the man pages of iptables read the section about the CLUSTERIP target.
Basically it uses a multicast MAC address for the unicast IP address to
deliver the packet to every node in the cluster. Based on some parameters
(source IP, source port, ...) every node can decide if it is responsible for
the packet or it should drop it.

I can search in my archives if I find a more detailed description I wrote some
years ago. Please mail me off-list if you are interested.

But anyway: I would really advise to use a real loadbalancer, i.e. LVS,
ldirectord and pacemaker.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff