[Pacemaker] Custom event script during master/slave failover?

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 17:52:44 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----

The resource agent should be able to do this. Pacemaker will tell the resource agent to promote/demote a resource.  Your Redis agent can then go off and do whatever logic is necessary to actually transition the process a master/slave process.

> If I set up a master/slave primitive, is it possible to fire an event
> script during a failover event that would allow me to do this?
>
> After the stonith event fires and the broken master reboots,
> I would
> write in something special in the Redis init.d script to detect if
> my peer is already a master, and start up in slave mode.

If you are using Pacemaker, it should be controlling what node has the master resource and what node has the slave resource.  Take a look at what OCF scripts are and how pacemaker uses them.

> Has anyone else worked up a cluster config with Redis?

Using google, found some work someone did on a redis resource agent.
https://github.com/martinwalter/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/redis

-- Vossel