[Pacemaker] pacemaker service start failed.

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Nov 8 21:08:16 EST 2012

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Takatoshi MATSUO <matsuo.tak at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew
>
> Pgsql RA uses crm_attribute to  change slave's master-socre from master like
>  # crm_attribute -l reboot  -N host2 -n "master-pgsql:1" -v "1000"
> Because the Slave of PostgreSQL can't get replication status.
>
> In addition the RA uses "uname -n" to compare hostname to
> $OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_notify_****_uname.
> Mysql RA does the same way.
>
> But we can't use "crm_node --name" in Pacemaker 1.0.x.
> How do we keep compatibility?
> HOSTNAME=`crm_node --name 2>/dev/null || uname -n` ?  :(

I'd do two things...

First, add support for crm_node --name to the next 1.0 release (just
returning uname(2))
Second, add this to ocf-binaries...

: ${UNAME_N:=uname -n}

and replace all references to uname -n with $UNAME_N [1]
That makes it easy for anyone that needs "name != uname" (or for
distros that want to support it by default) to change.

Make sense?

[1] Looks like this is the full list:
# grep -l "uname -n" *
./Filesystem