[Pacemaker] Upgrading a master salve resource agent, Maintenance best practices

Jesse Hathaway jesse.hathaway at getbraintree.com
Mon Nov 19 10:03:57 EST 2012

We need to change a parameter in our Postgres Master Slave resource.
Unfortunately the version of the resource agent we are running does not
support a reload action. As a consequence Pacemaker wants to restart the
resource. This is not acceptable as it will try to demote the master as
well as restart the slave.

Are there any methods to upgrade a resource agent in this type of situation
without necessitating a restart?

More broadly what tools or documentation should we look towards for these
types of surgical maintenance operations on our pacemaker clusters?

--
Jesse Hathaway, Systems Engineer
Braintree <http://getbraintree.com>