[Pacemaker] Proposed new stonith topology syntax

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Sun Jan 29 17:14:09 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 11:24:43AM +1100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> [...]
>> > Cool. Didn't look into it. How would that work with say
>> > external/rackpdu (uses snmpset(8) to manage ports)?
>>
>> We'll supply something like port=1,2 or port=1-3 and its up to the
>> agent to map that into something the device understands.
>
> OK.
>
>> > That agent
>> > can either use the names_oid to fetch ports by itself (in which
>> > case they must be named after nodes) or this:
>> >
>> > outlet_config (string): Configuration file. Other way to
>> > recognize outlet number by nodename.
>> >    Configuration file. Other way to recognize outlet number by nodename.
>> >    Configuration file which contains
>> >    node_name=outlet_number
>> >    strings.
>> >
>> >    Example:
>> >    server1=1
>> >    server2=2
>> >
>> > Now, how does stonithd know which parameter to use to pass the
>> > outlet (port) number from the host_map list to the agent?
>>
>> Item 6:
>>   http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-stonith-configure.html
>>
>> I do try to document these things.
>
> That seems to be mostly user documentation.[*]
>
> Trying it out with this configuration:
>
>        primitive Fencing stonith:external/ssh \
>                params hostlist="xen-d xen-e xen-f" livedangerously="yes" pcmk_host_map="xen-d:1;xen-e:2,3;xen-f:1-3"
>
> there was nothing new in the environment to the agent and fencing
> actually wasn't tried at all:
>
> Jan 26 15:38:29 xen-d stonith-ng: [1815]: info: can_fence_host_with_device: Fencing can not fence xen-f (aka. '1-3'): dynamic-list
>
> Looks like I misunderstood the feature.

For now you'd need to set pcmk_host_list (item 5), but we should be
able to pull the information out of pcmk_host_map in the future.

> Thanks,
>
> Dejan
>
> [*] All documentation on the glue set of stonith agents is gone.
> Or at least I couldn't find it on this page. Is that intentional?

You mean from Pacemaker Explained?
I just switched the example to use an RH agent since thats what I have
on my system.
The only thing that changes for the glue agents is the value for 'type'.