[Pacemaker] Proposed new stonith topology syntax

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 26 10:00:59 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 11:24:43AM +1100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 03:11:31PM +1100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> >> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 7:20 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm> wrote:
[...]
> > Cool. Didn't look into it. How would that work with say
> > external/rackpdu (uses snmpset(8) to manage ports)?
>
> We'll supply something like port=1,2 or port=1-3 and its up to the
> agent to map that into something the device understands.

OK.

> > That agent
> > can either use the names_oid to fetch ports by itself (in which
> > case they must be named after nodes) or this:
> >
> > outlet_config (string): Configuration file. Other way to
> > recognize outlet number by nodename.
> >    Configuration file. Other way to recognize outlet number by nodename.
> >    Configuration file which contains
> >    node_name=outlet_number
> >    strings.
> >
> >    Example:
> >    server1=1
> >    server2=2
> >
> > Now, how does stonithd know which parameter to use to pass the
> > outlet (port) number from the host_map list to the agent?
>
> Item 6:
>   http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-stonith-configure.html
>
> I do try to document these things.

That seems to be mostly user documentation.[*]

Trying it out with this configuration:

	primitive Fencing stonith:external/ssh \
		params hostlist="xen-d xen-e xen-f" livedangerously="yes" pcmk_host_map="xen-d:1;xen-e:2,3;xen-f:1-3"

there was nothing new in the environment to the agent and fencing
actually wasn't tried at all:

Jan 26 15:38:29 xen-d stonith-ng: [1815]: info: can_fence_host_with_device: Fencing can not fence xen-f (aka. '1-3'): dynamic-list

Looks like I misunderstood the feature.

Thanks,

Dejan

[*] All documentation on the glue set of stonith agents is gone.
Or at least I couldn't find it on this page. Is that intentional?