[Pacemaker] Trouble with ordering

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Fri Sep 30 08:00:50 EDT 2011

On 30.09.11 13:41, Serge Dubrouski wrote:
> OCF script for bind was recently added to cluster-resources on gorging.
> Could you please try to use that one?

Which script where?

The one you have posted here:
http://lists.linux-ha.org/pipermail/linux-ha-dev/attachments/20110712/e1a1e792/attachment.obj

doesn't do what I need. I don't want to start or stop the name server.
The name server (bind process) is supposed to be running all the time to
get updates from the master.

The script also doesn't check whether the process is working or not. The
process could be running but not responding.

My script tests whether bind is listening on the resource ip address and
whether it resolves one of our domains. If it does, it's O.K. If not, it
fails.

The script is working properly. I just need to tell pacemaker that
ns1-ip should always be stopped before ns1-dns. That's not the case if
ns1-dns monitor returns failure.

Thanks!

Gerald